Bushnell Voyager Sky Tour 114mm Reflector Telescope

  Bushnell Voyager Sky Tour 114mm Reflector Telescope

Bushnell Voyager Sky Tour 114mm Reflector Telescope




Click Here



Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Sky Tour 76mm Reflector Telescope

I just received the Bushnell Voyager 700x76mm as a recognition gift from my company. My excitement about what was a very nice gift was quickly diminished. I have had it for two days now and cannot seem to get it to work "at all". I am fairly intelligent and I am not new to telescopes, but this thing will amke you feel stupid

The instructions are some of the most ambiguous and incomplete I have ever seen. The three eyepieces and the two lens holders seem to serve no useful purpose, and there are no instructions on how to use them or what results you are to expect.

This Red Dot Finderscope is a joke, as it does not work. I was able to see a vague red dot for about a few minutes during my attempt to setup this thing and have not been able to see one since. One of set screws that support the Red Dot Finderscope is loose inside the main telescope housing and I can't tighen it.

The "vague, or lack of" instructions continue with no explanation about the battery placement in the Altitude Dial. After you have done all the setup, you will notice an extra battery lying around, and if you are lucky, or smart, you will figure out it goes in the Altitude Dial.

The "focusing the telescope" and "aligning the finderscope" procedure does not work. One precedes the other, but it really should be the other way around. The telescope does not focus and you leave the alignment to chance - hoping you have done it correctly. Based on the instructions, you're to simply look down the barrel of the telescope - go figure.

This is not a beginner's telescope for sure, at least, not based on the poorly written instructions.
 


Sky Tour 76mm Reflector Telescope


Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment